‘Steps To Embodiment’
Deepen your mindfulness practice
“I am more aware of my feelings and thoughts and am responding to issues in my life differently.”
If you have already begun your mindfulness journey and are looking to develop further, this programme may be a good fit. Perhaps you have done an 8-week mindfulness course, or attended my workshops, and you now want to deepen your personal practice. These sessions will help you to move into the ’embodiment’ aspect of practice, which can enable a greater sense of ease and peacefulness.
‘Steps To Embodiment’ is suitable for those who already have a mindfulness practice, or have completed the ‘Steps To Freedom’ programme with me. It is accessed through 1-to-1 online coaching sessions, via Skype or Zoom (see the main Coaching page for costs etc).
About the ‘STEPS TO EMBODIMENT’ programme
I’ve taught mindfulness to hundreds of people, and these sessions contain the aspects that have proved most useful in supporting people to develop their own ’embodied’ practice.
‘Creative mindfulness’ is an important aspect of this development. I use this term to describe how we can use the imagination to create a bridge between a cognitive (mind-based) way of being in the world, and a somatic (body-based) way of inhabiting life – a balance of both of these can enhance wellbeing.
I don’t lead meditations during these sessions, but focus on giving you the information and resources to customise your own practice at home.
We begin with a Starter Session to help you get the most out of the programme. Then we explore the following themes (I can give you suggestions for home practice between sessions). You don’t have to book all 6 sessions at once.
1. ‘Personalise Your Practice’ – How to move away from limiting ideas of what meditation ‘should’ be, and create a practice that supports you as an individual.
2. ‘Relating To Thoughts’ – Developing a more mindful and creative relationship with thoughts, both in meditation and in life.
3. ‘Embodied Self-Kindness‘ – Working with your imagination to discover your ‘power practices’.
4. ‘Deepening Freedom’ – Learning to relate to difficulty as a flow of energy moving through the body.
5. ‘Calming Our Experience’ – How body awareness can interrupt reactivity and give us more choice beyond the habitual thoughts and emotions associated with stress.
6. ‘Re-Connecting With The Body’ – Exploring the possibility of deeper body awareness, as a foundation for greater peacefulness and freedom.
For further information about coaching sessions including suitability, cost and how to book – visit the main Coaching Programme page.
For a little about why embodiment is an important aspect of Mindful Living, check out the info and videos on the Mindful Living page.
To learn about why the imagination is important in embodied practice, you can read ‘Creative Mindfulness‘
What’s it like to learn mindfulness with me? Here are a couple of client quotes (there are more throughout the site):
“Sheila was amazing, very personable with great knowledge and experience of mindfulness”
“Thank you Sheila, you created a warm and safe environment, and your depth of experience and understanding has inspired me to take mindfulness practices forward as an integral part of my future”