‘Steps To Freedom’
Tools For Self-Kindness & Emotional Confidence
“These materials are really helpful and encouraging. They are really going to help me with my practice over the next months”
If you would like to develop greater self-kindness and emotional confidence, Steps To Freedom might be a good fit for you. The programme includes journaling exercises that you can do to develop mindful awareness, if meditation isn’t quite your thing. The programme is accessed through 1-to-1 coaching sessions, via Skype or Zoom (see the main Coaching page for costs etc).
About the ‘STEPS TO FREEDOM’ coaching programme
How we cope with difficulty is often characterised by the habitual patterns we have developed, which can be mental, emotional or behavioural – for example, self-criticism, seeking control, attempting to ignore what’s happening, or some other way of reacting when life is challenging. These strategies can eventually start to feel ineffective and exhausting. This can be a clue that you are ready to let go of these limiting patterns and create positive change.
We begin with a Starter Session to help you get the most out of the programme.
We then move through a 6-step process to help you identify your own habits, build emotional confidence and discover new possibilities. No prior experience of mindfulness or self-kindness is required. You don’t have to commit to all 6 sessions at once.
After each session, you receive a handout for your own reference, plus suggestions for home practice. (Meditation practice is entirely optional, and I don’t lead any meditation in the sessions).
1. ‘Support Your Self’ – Building self-kindness as a positive resource, for greater resilience. Includes a journalling exercise to get you started.
2. ‘Choosing The Positive’ – how to use positive resources and the Approach Mode when you encounter challenging situations.
3. ‘Compassionate Awareness’ – Introducing the ‘Just Noticing’ mindfulness tool, which builds a clearer picture of your limiting patterns.
4. ‘Preparing For Change’ – Laying a foundation for letting go of habits that you would like to change, by understanding what is really keeping you stuck.
5. The Power Of Willingness’ – Moving towards new possibilities.
6. ‘Kindness & Courage’ – Building the emotional confidence for long-term growth.
You can read a bit more about emotional confidence on the Mindful Living page.
For further information about coaching sessions including suitability, cost and how to book – visit the main Coaching Programme page.
To get a sense of my approach, check out the Resources on this site. To get new posts in your inbox, you can click the Follow button in the bottom right-hand corner.
Wondering what it’s like to work with me? Here’s what some clients have said about me (there are more quotes throughout the site):
“Inspiring to listen to, really welcoming, calm and encouraging”
“Clear, friendly and professional… really enjoyed her calm and open attitude, and honesty of her experience”