Steps To Embodiment
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION about my coaching programmes, see the main Coaching Programme page. Sessions are 1-to-1 via Zoom or Skype.
This programme is suitable for those who have attended a session with me before. You may get greater benefit from these sessions if you complete the Steps To Freedom programme first.
The session themes focus on developing body awareness, to help you to move into the ’embodiment’ aspect of practice: over time, this can enable a greater sense of ease and peacefulness.
We begin with an Opening Session to help you set your personal intentions for the programme. Then we explore the following themes:
1. ‘Being Embodied’ – To help let go of limiting ideas of what meditation ‘should’ be, we explore inhabiting the Being mode, in your own way.
2. ‘Creative Mindfulness’ – Valuing the creative power of the mind, as a tool for working with thoughts.
3. ‘Embodied Self-Kindness‘ – Developing your own ‘power practices’, for greater access to the benefits of self-kindness.
4. ‘Surrendering To Flow’ – Learning to relate to difficulty as a flow of energy moving through the body.
5. ‘Staying With The Body’ – Using body awareness to free ourselves from getting stuck in the stress cycle.
6. ‘Pendulate To The Positive’ – How experiences of joy, delight and pleasure can help to protect us from stress and enrich our lives.
It can be helpful to have a Review Session a few weeks after you finish the programme, to consolidate your learning.
What people say about working with me:
“I am more aware of my feelings and thoughts and am responding to issues in my life differently.”
“Thank you Sheila, you created a warm and safe environment, and your depth of experience and understanding has inspired me to take mindfulness practices forward as an integral part of my future”