Steps To Freedom
Tools For Self-Kindness & Emotional Confidence
“These materials are really helpful and encouraging. They are really going to help me with my practice over the next months”
If you would like to develop greater self-kindness and emotional confidence, this programme might be a good fit for you.
‘Steps To Freedom’ is a 1-to-1 coaching programme, for anyone who has attended a session with me before (regardless of your level of mindfulness experience). This programme is best done after Steps To Growth.
The programme includes journaling exercises that you can do to develop mindful awareness, if meditation isn’t quite your thing. The programme is accessed through 1-to-1 coaching sessions, via Skype or Zoom (see the main Coaching page for costs etc).
About the ‘STEPS TO FREEDOM’ coaching programme
How we cope with difficulty is often characterised by the habitual patterns we have developed, which can be mental, emotional or behavioural – for example, self-criticism, seeking control, attempting to ignore what’s happening, or some other way of reacting when life is challenging. These strategies can eventually start to feel ineffective and exhausting. This can be a clue that you are ready to let go of these limiting patterns and create positive change.
What prior experience is required? You need to have attended a session with me before (either online coaching, or one of my workshops or classes). But you don’t need to have any particular level of mindfulness experience.
We begin with an Opening Session, to help you set your personal intentions for the programme. We then move through a 6-step process to help you identify your own habits, build emotional confidence and discover new possibilities. Most people find that the optimal spacing between sessions is a week or fornight, but you don’t have to commit to all 6 sessions at once, so you can go at your own pace.
After each session, you receive a handout for your own reference, plus suggestions for home practice. Meditation practice is entirely optional, and I don’t lead any meditation in the sessions.
1. ‘Support Your Self’ – Building self-kindness as a positive resource, for greater resilience. Includes a journalling exercise to get you started.
2. ‘Choosing The Positive’ – how to use positive resources and the Approach Mode when you encounter challenging situations.
3. ‘Compassionate Awareness’ – Introducing the ‘Just Noticing’ mindfulness tool, which builds a clearer picture of your limiting patterns.
4. ‘Preparing For Change’ – Laying a foundation for letting go of habits that you would like to change, by understanding what is really keeping you stuck.
5. The Power Of Willingness’ – Moving towards new possibilities.
6. ‘Stepping Into Courage’ – Building the emotional confidence for long-term growth.
It can be helpful to have a Review Session a few weeks after you finish the programme, to consolidate your learning.
You can read a bit more about emotional confidence on the Mindful Living page.
For further information about coaching sessions including suitability, cost and how to book – visit the main Coaching Programme page. You might also like to check out the Resources on this site. To get new posts in your inbox, you can click the Follow button in the bottom right-hand corner.